About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Oct 5: Dream Cars?

Dream cars? Cars of our dreams? We might as well dream about these cars which are not sold in Canada, since it's doubtful that we'll ever see them in our showrooms. More is the pity, since they are (or soon will be) some of the most striking cars on the road. Let's start with my favorite and a car that the sedan version causes me to have palpitations when I see one, particularly with a "63" on the trunk lid.........

2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS Shooting Brake
Get excited about a station wagon? Oops, sorry, but it is a "shooting brake". How can you not love the lines of this beautiful brute? I dream about rolling up to the golf course in this baby and causing more than a few folks to miss their shots. It's just being introduced in Europe this Fall, but I'm extremely doubtful we'll see it over here. Hopeful, yes.

Next........

I would almost stake my reputation as a knowledgeable car guy on this Jaguar XF wagon ever coming to North America. We are so enamoured with our suv's that wagons have fallen out of favorite in all but a very few models. Sure VW moves quite a few Golf wagons, but it and a few Bimmer and Benz models are all we have.

Most of my pics today seem to be of wagons, but there are some beauties........

Opel Insignia

2013 Volvo V40 Cross Country
The Opel is sold here as the Buick Regal, but of course, the wagon is staying in Europe. I've seen quite a few of these in my travels and they are as good looking in real life. The Volvo is brand new and also comes in a non Cross Country version. We used to get the V40 wagon, but it was disco'd along with the rest of the line last year.


Now here is an interesting case.........this is the 2014 Mazda6 wagon. We had a version of the 6 wagon that sold here in the mid 2000's. I never delivered many Mazda6's, but almost all were the Sport Wagon. It was cancelled with the last redesign. Will Mazda give it another chance over here when the 2014 6 is intro'd in January or February? I think not, but let's cross our fingers and toes.

Lest you think that all I lust after are wagons, this final model is a real head turner and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why VW has not brought it over here. Other companies have neat coupes. Maybe they figure it would hurt nonexistant Eos sales. I present to you the Scirocco.........


Again this is a car, that I've seen in real life and it makes a great design statement. No place for it in VW's Canadian line up? Go figure.

Any other models that you can think of that should be in North American showrooms? Some cars to dream about?

Until next time.......



No comments:

Post a Comment