About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Oct 9: Model Police Cars and a Cat

I believe most car guys have an interest in police cars. There is just something threatening, exciting or whatever about these bruisers. Whether its the motors or the handling or just the intimidating looks. These cars have a definite presence. Check out the car mags, they'll test a cop car whenever they get the chance. I've always liked police cars, just check out this part of my car library........


I also have a collection of police cars and if you have read this blog before you know that they will all be 1/25th scale. This way, I can have every car I've ever wanted, I just can't drive them (is the driving part over
rated?). Here are a few........
Saint John, New Brunswick - unusual late 60's and 70's paint scheme
Maine - 1970 and current
New Hampshire - 1978 and current
No matter what state (and many cities) you want to replicate, with some research you can find a company making miniature decals, so your favorite police department is just an order away. I generally prefer different colours or graphics, but sometimes I just build one just because. Here are a couple that are close to home.......


The OPP car is a mid '90's Caprice in the colour scheme for that time frame, while the Z28 Camaro was used by the Toronto police highway patrol division on the local expressways. Toronto police always seemed to have cars with big motors for this work, but now they use the ubiquitous Crown Vic. Be interesting to see what does this job when they wear out.


And a couple of more US state police models........

West Virginia  -  the 1990's

Current Idaho and Georgia
And finally............repeat readers of my blog will know that I never work alone. I always have the aid of my willing helper and able assistant, the CMC....Car Modeling Cat........

CMC doing research for our next police car model
I just can't see things getting any better than this.......models and a cat (I wonder if my wife will read this?).

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment