About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March 5: Japanese oddities


The Toyota Century Royal? Who would have thought that a car like this would come from staid old Toyota? Actually, what am I saying, of course, this is exactly the kind of car that would come from staid old Toyota. The only Japanese V12 ever built. Another variation was this limo........


Yet another was this family(?) sedan.......


As an avid car guy, I like to see what cars are produced around the world, that we never see here and in the case of the Toyota Century, probably would hardly ever see even on their home turf. The internet is a wonderful toy. Just type in a car company and you'll get their home site and one never knows what creations will appear. Try Holden (GM Australia) or Ford Australia. You'll see some very neat cars and in the case of Holden, a couple that have found their way to our shores.

In Japan, Toyota and Nissan have produced very conservative luxo barges in limited numbers for the home market. Up until very recently, they all looked like throw backs to another era. For example the Nissan President..........


Super luxury interior
And if one needs a parade car for those family gatherings, where you just haven't been getting enough respect........
Of course, this is the perfect solution. But most of us are more conservative, so this model would be a touch less ostentatious........


And only available in darkest black. As I mentioned, these old style cars have been the top of the Toyota and Nissan product lines until recently, but times change and now the Toyota Crown Majesta (love the name) looks like this........


Too bad, as those black barges were fun to blog about, but now this Majesta just looks like a Lexus LS variation. Progress? You decide.

Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment