About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Feb 18: Toronto Auto Show, Part 1

The Canadian International Auto Show. Pretty big name for what is really the Toronto Auto Show, but what the hey, for a car guy it approaches car heaven. Lots of new cars and a few concepts sprinkled in the mix, to make the $22 I paid for parking well worth it (besides I get to write it off).

Contrary to what you've probably read many times, these big shows are lousy places to go car hunting, as there is just so much to see and stuff to filter out. But as a great place to see the highlights and the special exhibits, well then step right up........

What won't most of us ever see on the street? How about this new super car by Mclaren, the P1.......


The old line, about the price ("if you have to ask......") applies to this rocket. The P1 is simply spectacular (although the design is personal taste) and $1,190,000. The production run is sold out, so put away your cheque book. There are a handful coming Canada  -  check the parking lot at your local Home Depot.

Want to see a make it or break it vehicle in my opinion? Acura showed their new TLX concept. Change the colour, drop the wheels and you pretty much have the TL's replacement coming later this year........


It looked great, but quite frankly, a dump truck with those wheels and that colour would look great. Acura got off to a slow start with the last TL and the ILX hasn't met expectations. Not sure what is going on with the RLX, so this TLX needs to make Acura more than just a very good suv manufacturer.

Lines, look at those crazy lines........


Expect to see a similar (very similar) Infiniti roll into their showrooms as (I'm guessing) a replacement for the current QX50. I love it when the car manufacturers get creative.

But don't expect to see this Infiniti in any showroom at any time.......

Sebastian Vettel's F1 ride
Talk about a very important and historic nameplate that means a lot to it creator.......


Yes sir, the 2015 Mustang. Completely new right down to its (finally) independent rear suspension. Although the Camaro has out sold the Mustang the last few years, this is an important car for Ford. A halo car in the extreme. I think it has enough "Mustang" in it to be recognizable, but it is also new and different enough to make a impact.

One more exciting car.........


The 2015 Corvette Z06. Sure the Corvette was intro'd last year and sure it lost out to Mazda by one point to be Canadian Car of the Year (robbery), but this is the Z06. If you thought that the last version was wild, this one is very close to what the former ZR-1 was. Power? Over 600 HP and a handling package to tear out eyeballs. Another dream machine to occupy those thoughts between going to bed and getting up.

So much more and so little space. I'll wrap up my auto show edition blog on Friday.

Until next time.......



1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have shared quite an amazing post about this auto show. I am sure it was super successful. Anyways, I also need to organize the vehicle show for my vintage car shop promotion and recently I am trying to find some good trade show displays for that.

    ReplyDelete