About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday: A comparison

2011 Honda Accord coupe   
2012 Mercedes-Benz C coupe

These two cars are pretty similar aren't they? Note the character line running from below the rear side window to the front end. Also the area around the C pillar.

For the past few years I have felt that Mercedes has been nailing their styling. Just look at the gorgeous CLS, the CL coupe or the "in your face" SLS. Now what gives with the new 2012 C coupe? Some folks have compared it to the BMW 3 series, its direct competition, but I see way too much Honda Accord in the mix. Almost like they had to finish the design before lunch and an Accord drove by at that time. I mean, how else can you explain the similarity?

Want to add insult to injury, then how about this next comparison.......


This is the 2012 Civic coupe which is designed to look like big brother Accord, so now the Benz looks like the lowly(?) Civic as well. This might do wonders for Honda sales, but I think I'd pass on the C and go to a BMW or an Infiniti G37, which has real identity.

These days there are lots of cars that borrow (or steal?) design features from a competitor, but this is almost a complete body lift. Come on Benz, you can do better than that.

Until next time.......

1 comment:

  1. I recall that my last-generation Toyota Tercel looked very similar to my friend's BMW 318i compact (think the bimmer was a hatchback).

    ReplyDelete