About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Small but Expensive

Here is something I found very interesting........



This is the Toyota IQ in the rest of the world, but which will be coming to the US and Canada as the Scion IQ. It's a little bit bigger than a Smart car, but it looks so much more substantial. It's been out in Europe for over a year  -  I've seen it there and it looks great on the road. Introduction to our market has been delayed due to the problems in Japan, but we'll get it soon enough.

Now take a look at this car.........


Look similar? Well it is the same car, but if you look really close, you'll see the Aston Martin badge. What? Aston Martin?? Yep, this is the new Cygnet  -  same body as the IQ but done up to the 9's inside (http://www.astonmartin.com/). Don't know the price yet, but have heard that it will definitely be Canada bound and please don't look for a $20k price tag.

I find it really interesting that Aston Martin would do this and also that there is an expected market for an ultra premium small, small car. Can you picture this with a Roller grille?

The sun has just come out, so I'm heading to the golf course.

Until next time.........



1 comment:

  1. That must be crazy brand-dilution for A-M. Just like the Cadillac Catera (a Chevy Cavalier) and the Porsche 914 (sold as a VW in parts of Europe).

    I don't care if the dash is made of 200-year-old mahogany and the seats are made from soft puppies. It's a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete