About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday - Vette and collector Caddy

This a new Corvette? Actually it's a concept car called the Endora SC-1 designed and built by a German company. It really is a Corvette or at least it's built around a 'Vette chassis and mechanicals. When I saw it, I immediately thought it looked like a concept car from the '70's or '80's and certainly wasn't an improvement on the production Corvette. Turns out it is Endora's interpretation of an older concept car. Not sure why they did it  -  it looks like a bit of a lump to me.

Is a new Caddy DTS a collector car? I wouldn't have thought so either, but the head of the Bulgari empire (jewellery, perfume, etc) and a Cadillac collector, just bought the last DTS to roll off the production line.
I've always liked big Caddy's and think GM did a good job on this model. Would I want to own one? Not a chance  -  I had a big, big Coupe de Ville years ago and tired of it pretty darn fast. Was great on the 401 in a straight line, but watch out for anything resembling a corner. I'll stick with my Acura TL SH-AWD or in my dreams a CTS-V.
Great weekend for a racing fan........

F1  -  Monaco Grand Prix  (whoever gets the pole wins  -  come on Lewis!)
Indy Car  -  Indy 500  (100th running  -  GO TAG GO!)
NASCAR  -  Coca Cola 600

Did you see where Kyle Busch was picked up doing 128 mph in a 45 around Mooresville, North Carolina. I know those roads and all I can say is "Wow"  -  now that is car control and guts (or maybe just stupidity?). He certainly had the car for it, a new Lexus LFA. One writer expressed surprise that he wasn't going much faster and must have exercised restraint!

I'm heading for the golf course  -  it's cold and wet  -  just great.

Until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment