About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wednesday: Go Tag Go!

GO, TAG, GO!

On the 100th anniversary of the Indianapolis 500, a Canadian,  Alex Tagliani (www.tagliani.com) wins the pole for this historic race. Pretty neat stuff for Canada. It seems we are always trying to validate ourselves, maybe because we live next door to Big Mama USA, so winning this pole proves we are equal  -  right? Anyway, I've always followed the Canadian racers........Tracy, Carpentier, Villeneuve, Maxwell, Empiringham, Tagliani, Arend, Commisso to name a few........and love to see them do well south of the border.

A couple of the most exciting finishes in Indy 500 history have involved Canadians. How about Scott Goodyear's almost win in '92  -  another 100' or so would have done it. Or another Scott Goodyear moment in '95, when Jacques Villeneuve won because Scott was assessed a stop and go penalty. That was a real heartbreaker.

The Indy 500 is a tough race to win and starting from the pole only guarantees starting from the pole. Tagliani has lots of experience, so the question is can his car hold up, can he stay out of trouble and can he lead at the checkers. Stay tuned Sunday to find out!

Myself, I'll be golfing and later join a friend for a bbq. Now he'll have watched the race and will fill me in. I'll start the day with the F1 race at Monaco, go to the gym, golf, bbq and then catch the end of the Coca Cola 600 from Charlotte. Not a bad Sunday.

GO, TAG, GO!

Until next time.........

No comments:

Post a Comment